At Northwest Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, we are experienced in the diagnosis of breathing and lung disorders including asthma, COPD, emphysema, and pneumonia. For patients admitted to the hospital for treatment, our providers will be with you every step of the way through, from intensive care unit management to discharge.
Diagnostic Tests for Breathing Problems
- Pulmonary function tests such as spirometry and peak flow
- Cardiopulmonary stress testing
- Chest X-ray
- Six-minute walk test
- Bronchoscopy (lung exam through a scope) with and without biopsy
- Thoracentesis (lung fluid drainage)
- Metabolic cart (measures oxygen consumption and energy expenditure)
Let the pulmonary specialists at Northwest Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine help you. Call (815) 477-7350 or request an appointment online at one of our offices in Crystal Lake, Algonquin, and South Barrington, Illinois.